Friday 12 October 2012

Production Log

I have recently been working on my name ideas for my magazine. The name of the magazine is one of the most important elements of the magazine and it needs to be something that will stick in a readers head. If a reader is unable to remember the name of the magazine then it is too complicated. In order to do this, I created a mind map. From this, I added stems which described the genre, style, artists, what it would include etc. As I want my magazine to cover artists and elements which are very unique and indivdual, I branched this off and began thinking of synonyms for Unique. From this, I got the word Idiosyncratic but thought this could be quite long-winded for a magazine so I shortened it to Idiosync.

I asked around for feedback on this name and most people agreed and said it was an effective name as it's not just a random word but in fact has meaning to it. I think this will be a good magazine name as it's short and snappy and would be easy to remember as its not a word that's solely linked to music and tends not to be used in every day life such as Kerrang.

No comments:

Post a Comment