Wednesday 23 January 2013

Production Log

Whilst creating my contents page, I began with a single page however, it becomes too difficult to get everything you need onto one page. I then extended this onto a double page spread.

To begin, I put in boxes around the page where each section of text and images would go- creating easy navigation. This also would make my contents page look much neater and tidier. Once the boxes were in place, it made the process much easier and as I had already written my contents ideas, it was simply the task of copy and pasting them in.

As I had created half of my front cover and one of my double page spreads previous to this, it ensured that I was used to using InDesign which again, sped up the process.

The images I used for my contents page varied. I have 2 images from the photoshoots I held, both of which showing different artists. I also got permission to use an image from a fellow class mates photoshoot who was a male so it gave the images variation. Lastly, I had taken some photos at concerts I had been too which made the magazine look very professional and also informs the reader what would be inside. (Jessie J, LBC, Rizzle Kicks and You Me At Six)

My contents page also allowed me to experiment with my house colours a bit more and see if they do look effective and right for the magazine. I orginally started off with just red and black, however, my contents allowed me to realise that I needed another colour- silvery/grey. Again, this gave the colours more variation and was more effective and attractive to look at. This colour scheme is now final and will stick throughout all of my pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment