Thursday 24 January 2013

Production Log

In today's lesson we focussed solely on our double page spreads; I had already created one so went on to make a second that would be purely text with a few images. I used Q magazine to help think of a layout for this double page spread also so it looks realistic. Whilst creating my second one, I decided that it should be the 1st out of all of them as it introduces Zoe to the reader. In order to do this, I had to move the text from my original double page spread onto this one as it contained the first part of the article.

To split up the article rather than it just looking like one big block of text, I will use some images that the text will then wrap around and also pull quotes. These pull quotes would stand out from the rest of the article and it tends to be something that a reader would first read. If the pull quote is interesting enough, then they would continue reading which is what you want.



These are my two double page spreads so far. The top one got lots of good feedback and said it was a very good page; I won't be changing this one much as I am very happy with it.
The second double page spread is currently being made and I will make changes along the way to give the page the best look as possible and to fit with any feedback I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment