Friday 2 November 2012

Production Log

This week I have been working on the small but important details of my magazine such as the colour scheme. Every magazine should have at least 3 colours that are classed as the 'house colours'. These are the colours that stick throughout. If you begin using many different colours then it starts too look quite tacky and unprofessional. To keep with the theme of quirky-ness, I am looking at colours that are abstract and different that you would not be expect to see in a magazine; this would ensure it stands out and would attract more readers.

I've also been considering image ideas. In order to do this, I read many magazines both music magazines and other genres. I like the layout of both Q magazine (music) and also Cosmopolitan. The layouts of all the double page spreads are really interesting yet quite basic and I think this would be effective within my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment