Thursday 13 September 2012

Production Log

 On Friday the 7th, we had our first AS Media Studies Coursework lesson in which we began making a magazine for the school. As most School Magazines are far from exciting, our group decided to mix it up a bit and actually make it look fun, interesting and something worth buying! So, we went down to the drama studio and asked if we could use some props. So, we chose possibly anything that was as random as possible, some of which being a convict outfit, a plastic gun, flowers, a feather jacket and a Chinese hat. Every photo we took, we made up a story line that would have some resemblance to Haydon! I decided to do ‘Auditions for the school show’ so it really didn’t matter how crazy the photos were.
We went around the school taking photos of us in costume in different places which would create different storylines, e.g. – photos in the new sixth form common room.

H
After taking the photos, we returned back to our room and uploaded them to the computers. I then opened an A4 sized photoshop document and began to create my magazine. Out of the photos taken, I chose a midshot one for my front cover as it is fairly close allowing the reader to feel a connection immediately. The photo was of myself holding an umbrella behind me with my right hand and a basket of flowers in my left. Already, the reader can see that the storyline will be something dramatic and not necessarily ‘normal’. After adding in the photo, I had to choose a suitable magazine name, so I chose ‘Hello Haydon’:
ello
aydon
 




Similarly to above. I then plan to add in the Haydon Stag next to it so it is recognisable to the students, hopefully increasing their choice of buying the magazine.
Obviously the image on the front, portrays the main story line, so the text ‘Haydon Hits The Stage’ is in a big font to attract readers and stands out from all of the other storylines surrounding it such as:
‘What the students think of new common room’
‘Mr Jones NEW HEAD’
‘New canteen menu?’ etcetc.
I will continue to finish the front cover, and create a contents page next lesson using more of the images taken and other storylines.

No comments:

Post a Comment