Sunday 23 September 2012

Production Log

Last lesson I continued working through the list of everything I need to do. We are encouraged to use a variety of multi-media for each of our posts. So a group of us decided to do a video analysing various types of music magazine front covers that we printed on A3 paper which we then held up and spoke about. I will post this video shortly!

Also, I continued to analyse front covers on powerpoint so I had a copy to post on my blog. To do this, I had to look at the colours, images, text, title etc and think about why its used and what's it effect was. This will make it much easier when it comes to creating my own magazine as I now know, in more depth, how normal magazines are created and what makes an effective front cover, and what not so much.

I found that the colours and the main image on the front cover are the most important element because that is what catches your eye first. My personal preference was definitely the close up images so you can purely just see the head and neck, this allowed me to feel instantly connected with the music artist and if it was someone I liked/enjoyed listening to, this would ensure I'd buy the magazine.

Next lesson, I plan to keep working through my list of what I need to do and keep up to date with everything so I am not behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment